Finding a Chiropractor in Los Angeles
For those in need of chiropractic care, there’s nowhere you’re more likely to find the perfect doctor for you and your family than in the state of California. It seems that on the west coast, there’s a chiropractor next to every corner coffee shop – they’re everywhere!
This availability may be due in part to the fact that California plays host to some of the best chiropractic schools in the world. With feeder programs for everything from nationally-famous collegiate and professional athletics programs to the United States Olympic teams, chiropractic education in California can lead students to great places.
Finding Your Perfect Provider
If you’re looking for great chiropractic care, you’ll undoubtedly find it in the Los Angeles area. The country’s best chiropractic schools provide the area with an incredible selection of caregivers from which to choose. But how can you tell which provider is right for you and your family? Here’s a little cheat sheet to help you narrow down your options!
- Begin by asking for referrals. While your local directories and medical professionals can recommend some fantastic options, no one is better to speak to than actual, experienced clients of the providers you are considering. Solicit candid, unfiltered reviews from these people, and ask for honest recommendations.
- Inquire about initial consultations and what will take place at your first meeting with a potential provider. Many chiropractic offices offer a special for first-time clients of a free consultation and evaluation or free first adjustment. Take advantage of these specials, but do not let this sway your decision in choosing the right provider. Just because something is affordable doesn’t mean you won’t be getting what you pay for – and that what you pay less for won’t be lower-quality service and care.
- Ask about other services and therapies offered on-site. While all chiropractors typically offer spinal adjustments and treatment of misalignment, many also supplement this with other techniques. This may include:
- Deep tissue massage
- Hot and/or cold therapy
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, or “TENS” therapy
- Yoga, Ayurveda and other ancient, holistic health care techniques
- Nutrition and lifestyle education
- Find out if your potential provider offers any of these as part of an overall treatment plan, as well as what additional costs this may incur. Some providers also make spinal adjustments by using mechanical devices beyond their own hands and a table, so be sure to ask about the equipment your doctor or staff prefer to use.
- The Deciding Factor
Most importantly, make sure to select a provider you feel comfortable with. If you have more faith in a male practitioner you meet, go with your gut feeling and choose his practice for your family’s needs. If you’re more comfortable with a female practitioner, don’t ignore your instincts; choose the best doctor based on these practical factors, but also on what you feel is right for you and your loved ones on a personal basis. Chiropractic care is a very personal approach to healing and maintaining your well being, so be sure to feel safe, comfortable and well-cared for with whichever doctor you choose.
- The Deciding Factor