Everything You Need To Know About MHT CET 2018
MHT-CET, the Maharashtra Common Engineering Test is conducted by the government of Maharashtra every year. With the help of the common engineering test, several students compete to acquire a seat in the esteemed engineering colleges of Maharashtra. According to the latest news, the DTE Maharashtra will most probably conduct the examination of 2018. Moreover, the MHT-CET 2018 is going to be tougher than ever. If you are planning to compete in the exam for engineering college admission than there some things you should know prior to applying for MHT CET application form 2018.
- What is MHT-CET EXACTLY?
The MHT-CET is the common engineering test organized by the government of the Maharashtra. The entrance test gave an opportunity to the students to get selected in the top engineering college of the state. Every year more than 4 lakh students appear in the MHT-CET and compete for the college seats. In 2016 the government of Maharashtra re-launched the entrance test as prior to this in 2014 and 2015 the colleges in Maharashtra took admission on the basis of JEE scores. This is there is fair chance that DTE Maharashtra will organize the MHT-CET 2018 for the students.
- What are the Changes I should know
According to the notice and details were given by the examination control board the exam will give 20% weight to the 11th standard syllabus and 80% weight to the 12th standard syllabus.
- Talking about the difficulty level, the paper will be tough and difficult as same as the JEE Main with subject Math, Chemistry, Physics and Biology for the NEET.
- The question paper will contain overall 50 questions out of which 10 from the 11th standard and 40 questions will belong to the 12th.
- The paper will hold in the two parts, the first part will be Mathematics for 1.5 hrs. and the second part contains the Physics and Chemistry for 1.5 hrs.
Important Dates to Remember
Here are some important dates and information that you need to update with for successfully applying and appearing in the MHT-CET 2018.
- Online Registration & and confirmation of online application submission will start from the second week of February to last week of March 2018
- Online Registration & and confirmation of online application submission with late fee penalty will cost student Rs.500, starting from first to the second week of April 2018.
- Any type of editing or changes in the application form will be allowed until last week of April 2018.
- The admit card of the MHT-CET 2018 will be available in the last week of April 2018.
- The MHT-CET will be held in the second week of May.
- The submission of the all required documents will be done from the second week of May to the third week of May.
- The declaration of the results of MHT-CET 2018 will be done in the first week of June, same as the counseling will also start in the first week of the June 2018.
As you are planning to compete in the MHT-CET 2018 which will have difficulty level same as the JEE Main, so you need to be smart. Start planning on the preparations target, first buy the best books that are offering most structured syllabus and preparation papers. Plan your time and invest only the important topics and your strength to score the maximum marks.